Terms and Conditions
By accessing the website of butterfly-sailing.com or use any service provided on this website, you accept and approve all Terms and Conditions. Before accepting the Terms and Conditions please read the entire agreement carefully. This is a Legal Agreement.
Subject of Service and Contract
Butterfly Sailing provides brokerage services (by managing bookings) in the leisure boat charters. Through Butterfly Sailing, the client books the charter, and if applicable, rents a boat to the final service provider, in accordance with the terms and the price agreed with the provider. Butterfly Sailing acts as a mediator and its responsibility is limited to bringing into contact the client with the final service provider, who is solely and directly responsible for the provision of the service. Butterfly Sailing is not responsible for the provision of the service and, therefore, does not have the obligation to answer in the event of the non-fulfillment or the incomplete fulfillment of the contracted service with the final service provider, with whom the client has contracted the service. Nevertheless, Butterfly Sailing informs that all the final service providers have been explicitly requested to meet the requirements of the service, according to the sector standards and to the rental contract. The non-fulfillment of this obligation by the final service providers implies that Butterfly Sailing may exclude them from butterfly-sailing.com. The final service provider explicitly entrusts Butterfly Sailing with the task of collecting the rental payment for the contracted service, as well as blocking the part of the amount agreed. Other services, extras, and the deposit will be agreed between the client and the final service provider, but in this case, they will be charged by the latter. The client expressly accepts this limitation of liability of Butterfly Sailing and, in consequence, Butterfly Sailing is only responsible for managing and formalizing the booking of the chosen boat, and of managing the payment of the deposit and the rental, according to the conditions and measures established and the characteristics advertised. The client acknowledges that the final service provider may not accept the booking, in which case Butterfly Sailing will offer the client alternative boats or the full refund of the amount blocked and/or paid. Although we aim to perform the service as advertised on butterfly-sailing.com, we cannot verify or guarantee that all the information is precise, complete or correct. The final service provider is responsible for the information about boats (prices, configuration, features, extras, etc.) included on butterfly-sailing.com. Butterfly Sailing does not verify this information and, therefore, the final service provider is the only party responsible for the veracity and accuracy of such information. The client accepts that any complaint in this sense will be made directly and exclusively against the final service provider. Without prejudice to it, we inform you that Butterfly Sailing requests the final service providers to give accurate and correct information; otherwise, they may be excluded from butterfly-sailing.com. For any incident, we recommend being reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. The rental contract will have the duration stated in the rental booking form, without prejudice to being subject to the contract regulation to subscribe to the final service provider. Any change in its duration should be informed to Butterfly Sailing.
The terms of service and of use are applicable as soon as the client generates the booking form.
Booking and Rental Process
The booking with Butterfly Sailing and the rental with the final service provider process is as follows:
- Sign in to www.butterfly-sailing.com
- Specify dates and extras if applicable and fill in the information required, including personal mandatory data.
- Confirm the booking details.
Once the service has been provided, Butterfly Sailing will request the client to rate the service in detail so the rest of the clients have access to this information. The client acknowledges that the service provided shall be the exclusive responsibility of the final service provider, according to the contract signed and, therefore, this is solely responsible for it.
Definition of Client
A client is anyone over 18 years of age, with the power to rent a boat, accept the present terms of service and of use and agree to be bound by them when generating the booking form.
The client is obliged to:
- Always grant authentic, right and up-to-date information about personal data requested or any other type of information.
- Not provide your password to anyone to ensure you are the only person with access to your username.
- Provide the data requested to Butterfly Sailing in order to deal with: the booking, contract and provision of service (by the final service provider) and charging for the rental (by Butterfly Sailing).
- Accept that Butterfly Sailing may transmit personal data to the final service provider, so that Butterfly Sailing may prepare the rental contract and have the data of the people who will steer the boat or be passengers on it.
- The final service provider is committed to and obliged to comply with the personal data protection regulations
- Provide the information and qualifications, if applicable, which may be reasonably required.
- Pay the amounts corresponding to the hired contracts within the due dates established in the booking and/or hiring process.
- Properly use the services and, if applicable, have the appropriate qualifications or licenses available in order to use the boat.
- Pay all the services as indicated, as well as, the services carried out during navigation and which were not expressly included in the offer such as the skipper, fuel and water, mooring outside the port base, taxes, and any other services required, according to the rental contract.
- Provide only truthful information when rating the service received.
Anyway, Butterfly Sailing reserves the right to accept, reject or withdraw the valuations and opinions.
Final Service Provider
The final service provider may be the owner of one or several boats, a charter company, a broker, or an agency that manages boats.
The client and Butterfly Sailing accept the possibility to formalize agreements and contracts by any means offered by the law, including e-contracting methods through a webpage or an email, telephone recording, digitized signature, electronic signature, as well as that they may be stored, organized or copied, by any available means.
The client will pay when booking or contracting a service, paying the amount agreed in each case and at the agreed moment (and according to the conditions previously accepted by the client). If the clients do not have to pay the total amount when booking, they are obliged to make the outstanding payment within the indicated dates. The payment methods accepted are those made through the payment platform set up on butterfy-sailing.com by debit or credit cards such as Visa, Visa Electron and Master Card, as well as other means which can be implemented online. In the event of incidences in the payment through the web page, Butterfly Sailing will accept a transfer as an alternative payment method so the client can pay within 24 hours from the moment of the booking or the date of payment agreed.
Agreements on these rules If any of the stipulations in these terms of service and use were declared null and void in application of the legislation in force, by virtue of a decision of the court or any recognized body with enough jurisdiction, the remaining stipulations shall remain in force.
Changes in the future
Complaints and Applicable Jurisdiction
Complaints shall be made in writing and through an irrefutable reception method. To resolve any dispute regarding the interpretation or their own jurisdiction, they expressly submit to the jurisdiction and competence of marine authorities and, if applicable, to the courts of Greece. These terms and conditions are subject to Greek law. In case of controversy about the interpretation of this document, the Greek version of these conditions is the prevailing one.